Organic positioning is one of the essential branches that exists within any marketing department. The battle to get the first results of a specific search is increasingly complicated due to the high competition. For this reason, the types of SEO must be clearly defined to achieve the objectives set within the digital marketing strategy .
SEO is one of the techniques that most affects any web page, so keeping it well optimized is essential to achieve good organic positioning . There are many aspects that condition SEO positioning but among the most important we can highlight the web structure, content, interlinking, loading speed and link building . To learn SEO, in the Master in Digital Marketing and Ecommerce the necessary knowledge is acquired to master the types of SEO and its optimization to achieve the first positions in Google.
Although organic positioning is essential in any marketing strategy, the effectiveness of SEO actions cannot be measured in the short term as they depend on many factors. Some of the elements that can affect and that the people in charge of organic positioning take into consideration are the actions that the competition is carrying out and that it is necessary to constantly analyze or the changes that Google inserts in each update .
The different SEO strategies depend on the web infrastructure and the organization that controls it and will focus on one or more types depending on this.
Depending on the business or the SEO actions and strategy that you carry out, this web positioning will focus on a specific part.
The types of SEO are:
On Page SEO
As its name indicates, SEO On Page is defined as the set of techniques that are carried out within the web page and are susceptible to changes for its optimization. As a general rule, it is the part that controls the company itself and that, within these actions, other types of SEO can be found that we will see later. Some of the functionalities that are taken into account are web architecture, content, loading speed, Sitemap.xml, internal linking…
Off Page SEO
This type of SEO focuses on establishing relationships with media of your interest in the digital sector. It is what would be commonly known as Digital Public Relations. This type of web positioning translates, in most cases, into LinkBuilding and building solid relationships with other websites through links. These links may contain attributes such as: No Follow, Follow, Sponsored or UGC, but not only these attributes must be taken into account, but also the naturalness of the link, the risk of Spam, Anchor Texts, the thematic relationship, among others. .
As its name indicates, this set of actions is focused on the specific optimization of web content. It is a strategy based on understanding the intention of the user and solving it with a good result. For this, a series of Keywords are taken care of and selected to optimize the content, with a special focus on Headings (h1, h2, h3…)
Local SEO focuses on the positioning of a website in a certain location, whether it is a physical business or a service provider; This type of SEO strategy is mainly based on optimizing the Google My Business listings
This type of strategy focuses on optimizing the least “visible” part of the website but which is essential for correct organic positioning. We talk above all about Optimizing and facilitating content indexing, tracking by search engine bots, the inclusion and optimization of Structured Data, knowing how to work with redirects, canonicals, among other types of actions.
International SEO is focused on those websites that have content in several languages and that focus their business on different territorial segments, foreign countries as a general rule.
This type of strategy is closely linked to market research to fully understand the different intentions of the user when faced with a certain search, to know how users from different countries search for the same thing or service and, something also important, is the use of Hreflang labeling. (Although this type of implementation can also belong to Technical SEO)
SEO for Niche Markets
This type of SEO is based on optimizing a website for a very specific and usually small market niche. These strategies are widely used by the commonly known “Nicheros”, specialists in web positioning who seek to monetize visits to a niche website through Google Adsense or similar.
This web positioning strategy is quite similar to the previous one, niche SEO, the only difference is that instead of monetizing visits through AdSense advertising, it is monetized by linking to Amazon, Aliexpress or similar products and At the moment in which a user makes a referred purchase from your website, you would take a percentage of profit.
Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO
In addition to the previously mentioned types of SEO, it is important to clarify that there are two types of widespread techniques. These are the White Hat SEO (White Hat SEO in Spanish) and Black Hat SEO (Black Hat SEO) techniques.
These are determined based on whether or not the techniques being applied are aligned with the guidelines determined by the browsers. It must be clarified that each search engine has its own rules, in this article we will deal with the most popular, Google.
Black Hat techniques are those that are carried out against what Google determines in its guidelines. There are several ways to position a web page, doing what Google wants it to do or, instead, trying to “play it” with the search engine.
There are very clear actions by Black Hat, such as:
- Spin items. It is about copying the content of other websites, passing them through certain tools to make it look different and uploading it to your website
- Have hidden texts for the user but have Google read it in the source code of the web
- Keyword Stuffing: Overoptimizing content with too many keywords
- Link spam: This technique consists of creating many blogs and performing the link building technique.
White Hat SEO
White Hat techniques are those that respect the guidelines established by Google and avoid carrying out actions contrary to what is recommended by the search engine.
SEO techniques to improve positioning
SEO techniques depend on the degree of specialization of the person in charge of this branch. Some of the techniques that are implemented within SEO strategies on corporate web pages are:
- Identify the keywords of the sector . As previously mentioned, keywords are of vital importance to position any website. Various tools help to find these keywords , indicating the search volume it has and the degree of difficulty to position with that keyword. A free option is to carry out the different searches with different keywords for which the web page should appear in the search results and analyze the websites that appear with said keyword.
- Take care of the loading speed of the web . As part of SEO On Page, the loading speed of the web page is essential to position better than the competition. Having the loading speed optimized will help Google bots to crawl the web faster and decrease the bounce rate , since users leave the web page if it takes too long to load.
- Define the responsive design of the web . This point is of vital importance to position a website. More than 60% of the searches that are carried out on Google are through mobile devices . Google takes this information into account, which is why it better positions those websites that have an optimized responsive design.
- Find the long tail keywords of the sector . Long tail keywords or long tail keywords are those that are longer than the keywords and seek a more specific answer than the rest . Long-tail keywords generally have a lower search volume, so there is less competition and it is easier to position.
- Improve local positioning . The high volume of searches running from mobile devices has been highlighted above. Google understands that searches made from these devices are performing a local search . The Google My Business tab is used to improve local positioning and increase the visibility of local businesses against the competition.