A backlink is a link that appears on a website and takes you to another website . For example, if you have a travel blog and you link to another hotel booking website, that link would be a backlink to the hotel booking site.
Table of Contents
Backlinks are often used to measure the popularity and authority of a website. For example, if many different websites link to you, that may be a sign that your website is relevant and of quality.
Backlinks can also help improve a website’s ranking in search results. If you have a lot of quality backlinks , that can make your website appear higher in the search results when someone searches for something related to your site.
There are different types of backlinks, or incoming links, that can be used as part of a link building strategy:
The dofollow links or simply follow, are the backlinks that transmit authority and improve the positioning of the linked website . These are usually the links that are created naturally when other people or websites voluntarily link to your website. This is mainly achieved when your content is very good and other sites use it to expand theirs or simply to spread it.
They are the backlinks that do not transmit authority and do not improve the positioning of a website in the search results. Nofollow backlinks are often used when you don’t want to convey part of your authority to the sites you link to.
Google recommends using the “sponsored” attribute to identify links on your website that have been created as part of advertisements, sponsorships, or other paid arrangements . This is especially important if the links are paid for in some way. In this way, search engines can understand that these links have been created as part of a commercial agreement and do not have the same relevance as other natural links on the site.
They are the backlinks that come from quality websites that are relevant to your market niche. Quality backlinks are very valuable to improve the positioning of a website in search results.
They are the backlinks that come from low-quality or spam websites, or that have been acquired illegally. Low-quality backlinks can hurt a website’s ranking in search results and should be avoided.
There are several ways to get quality backlinks for a website:
- Writing quality content is one of the most effective ways to get backlinks is to create high-quality, relevant content for your audience. If you write interesting and useful articles, other people are more likely to want to link to and share them on their websites or social networks.
- Participate in forums and community : Another way to get backlinks is to participate in forums and online communities related to your niche. You can add value to discussions and leave links to your website where relevant and appropriate.
- Use social media – Social media is a great way to promote your website and get backlinks. You can share your articles and content on social networks and encourage your followers to share your links.
- Use guest blogging techniques : Guest blogging is the process of writing articles for other blogs or websites. You can use guest blogging to get backlinks and expose your website to a new audience.
- Use broken link tools – Broken link tools like Broken Link Checker allow you to find links that no longer work on other websites and offer website owners links to your website as an alternative. This can be an effective way to get backlinks.
Recommendations for your Linkbuilding strategy
To make a good link building strategy it is important to take into account several factors to avoid being penalized:
- Use quality links – Choose high-quality, business-relevant websites to get links to. Links from spammy or low-quality websites can be detrimental to your search engine rankings.
- Avoid link exchanges: Link exchanges can be suspicious to Google and may not have the same value as a naturally obtained link. Instead, look for collaboration opportunities or participate in online communities relevant to your industry.
- Use sustainable link building techniques : Avoid using deceptive or unethical link building techniques, such as link spamming or link trading. These techniques may result in a penalty from Google.
- Use a variety of link building techniques: Don’t rely solely on link building to improve your search engine rankings. Use a variety of SEO techniques, such as content optimization and technical site optimization, to improve your search engine rankings.
- Monitor and evaluate your link building strategy: Stay on top of how your link building strategy is working and adjust your approach as needed. Use analytics and tracking tools to measure the performance of your links and assess their impact on your search engine rankings.
Doing link building in a traditional way can be cheaper at the beginning of a project, but it can be very laborious because it is a task that requires a deep analysis to get the best backlinks . In addition, it involves a contact process with each blog or web page to explain the type of link we want and negotiate prices.
Fortunately, there are professional tools designed especially for Digital Marketing Agencies that aim to facilitate this entire process. Here are some of the best known:
- Ahrefs – is a link analysis tool that allows you to see who is linking to your website and other websites. It also allows you to search for link opportunities and keep track of your links.
- SEMrush – is a keyword and link analysis tool that allows you to see who is linking to your website and other websites. It also allows you to track your links and look for link opportunities.
- Moz Link Explorer – is a link analysis tool that allows you to see who is linking to your website and other websites. It also allows you to track your links and look for link opportunities.
- BuzzSumo : is a tool that allows you to see what content is having the most interaction on social networks and who is linking to it. You can use this tool to find link opportunities and to see what content is having success in your niche.