We know that what is meant by marketing right? This simply means to advertise your products in the best possible ways. The same goes for social media marketing. Social media marketing means advertising your product or service through social media channels. Before Mark Zuckerberg came up with Facebook, the only available medium of advertising was television advertisements and printed ads in newspapers, magazines, and brochures. But in 2021, social media platforms are considered as one of the most accessible and affordable mediums of advertising.
Benefits of Using Social Media For Marketing
There are many benefits of choosing social media platforms as the primary medium to advertise and sell your product. Joining digital marketing training in Vadodara can let you learn about all the things related to social media marketing. Let’s talk about them.
- One of the major advantages of using SMM is reduced marketing costs. Compared to the old forms of advertising through printed ads or paying tons of money to advertise your product/brand/service on television, SMM is very affordable and accessible to any business. The best and cheapest way to market your product is through email marketing. Sending bulk emails to 1000 people is very pocket-friendly compared to using other SMM platforms. Most importantly, email marketing provides results faster.
- Using social media as your primary marketing medium can be very beneficial as it increases your brand exposure by allowing your advertisement to be available to a worldwide audience.
- Having an official page of your brand on different social media platforms will simply increase your brand visibility. Your every post, video, or even the website link in the comment section will bring more people to your website or the product page. This will simply result in increased sales. If sales increase, the conversion rate of your website will also go up, which is a major factor for website ranking.
- Advertising your product and building people’s faith in your brand are two completely different things. To improve customer and brand relationships, social media can be the best option.
- Social media is simply a platform for communicating and networking. Having a platform where customers can communicate with the brand and also with each other is very essential. It gives them security and the belief that they have a voice to communicate with the brand whenever they are having difficulties.
5 Ideal Ways To Boost Your Social Media Marketing Efforts
1. Learn About Target Audience
To run a successful SMM campaign, learning about the target audience is most important. The first and most important step of running a successful SMM campaign is to know who your buyers are. Target audiences can be classified by age, gender, locality, interest, and many more factors. Post your advertisements in the places that would bring traffic to your product page. Anyone who is not interested in seeing your advertisement will never buy a product from you. For example, if you want to sell a beauty product designed for women then it should not be advertised on a blog or video that talks about fitness equipment. Similarly, any product designed for kids or teens should not be advertised on platforms like Twitter, Quora, or LinkedIn, as these platforms do not appeal to audiences below 18.
2. Identify The Right Platform
There are so many social media platforms available for you where you can advertise your brand. This includes Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Quora, LinkedIn, Twitter, and even TikTok. So it becomes necessary to choose the right one, especially in the case of expensive advertising campaigns. The most deciding factor for selecting a platform for SMM is age. Generally, Youtube and Facebook appeal to a wide range of audiences like kids, teens, adults, and even old people. Instagram and TikTok mostly appeal to teens and adults. And platforms like Twitter, Quora, and LinkedIn do not appeal to kids and teens at all. Also, different social media platforms have different algorithms. That’s why a certain type of content might do well on one platform but would not reach the expected results on the other platforms. Make sure to take these factors into consideration while selecting the best platform.
3. Include Videos
Social media advertisements could be in many forms. It could be text (hyperlinks), Images, infographics, or videos. Making advertisements in video format is a great initiative If you want your advertisements to appeal to a wide range of audiences. Especially kids do not understand or pay attention to ads in text or infographic format. That’s why video advertising is a great way to appeal to kids.
4. Use Relevant Hashtags
Choosing the right hashtags can bring your reach to a whole another level. The hashtags should be specific and relevant to your product as well as to the targeted audience. Know the reach of your hashtags. If it’s too popular then you’ll run the risk of your advertisement getting lost under the wave of popular ads using the same hashtag. Try to include three types of hashtags in your advertisement. One that is generic, one that is unique, and one specific. If the hashtag is not working then drop it and find a new one. Once you’ve found the right match of hashtags that works for your brand, including those hashtags on all social media platforms.
Social media marketing could be challenging, especially if you are a newbie. But if you are not using SMM to increase your sales, then you are missing out on many opportunities. If you follow the points that we mentioned, then starting out with SMM could turn out to be easier than you think. Just find your targeted audience and use the platform that appeals to your targeted audience.