Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Practices
Best Digital Marketing Practices: Marketing is nothing new; it has been around for hundreds of years.
But in the last decade, almost every business has started investing in digital marketing.
6 best digital marketing practices
1. Identify the target audience
- Earlier, you even start thinking about the right digital marketing campaign for your product. The first step is to explain who your target audience is.
- Next, identify the objective of your campaign. For example, do you aim to acquire new customers, win back old ones, or retain current customers?
- The message of your campaign and the commercial offer has to change according to your target audience. Therefore, categorizing your audience will make your message more relevant and specific.
2. Develop a content marketing strategy
- Marketing your content correctly can attract more prospects. You can also move them through a marketing funnel to boost your sales and business.
- It is why content making has become an essential aspect of digital marketing.
- Though blogging is a valuable marketing tool, it is not the whole picture of content marketing.
- Content marketing is a full-funnel technique that requires you to deliver quality content to the customer throughout their journey with you.
- To do that, you will want to take your content outside of a blog or article.
3. Create relevant content
- Maximum digital marketers have realized that the content you create for multiple audiences must be made with a solution in mind.
- As a result, creating pertinent content is considered the most effective SEO tactic by almost 72% of digital marketers.
- Pertinent content helps customers connect with the real benefits of important trends, products, or services. This gratified can be in blog posts, articles, white papers, or webinars.
- This practice is particularly valid for the Business-to-Business or B2B service. B2B customers don’t just search online for the latest machinery and devices.
- Instead, they need solutions that help them achieve their business goals, and informational content helps them find them.
4. Incorporate SEO tactics
- Online search results are the primary driver of traffic to many websites. Here search beats social media by more than 300%. And you believed Instagram was influential.
- As more people rely on Google and Bing to answer all their questions, search engine optimization (SEO) has developed one of the most profitable areas of digital marketing.
- Nonetheless, improving your site’s search rankings isn’t always easy.
- However, building an SEO / SEM action plan requires hiring the services of trained SEO experts. But once you’ve made sure your team is sufficiently prepared, you’ll see that they generate the best ROIs.
- Implementing SEO / SEM involves deep analysis to optimize your search scope, understand the nuances of search algorithms, and learn the best content placement strategies.
5. Use accurate data
Did you know that around 20-30% of email addresses have become stale in just one year?
Successful digital marketing campaigns rely heavily on your data cleansing techniques. Here an effective data-driven campaign relies heavily on the accuracy of the data itself.
Data cleansing requires removing inaccurate information, typos, syntax errors, and more. Counting relevant information to your existing data is just as important.
User details such as physical addresses, contact numbers, social identifiers, and more can make your data specific and responsive. Today, several specialized companies can perform email and email attachment hygiene tasks to ensure the accuracy and integrity of your data.
6. Try omnichannel marketing
- It may sound complex, but omnichannel digital marketing means advertising on multiple platforms.
- However, the general idea of omnichannel marketing is to spread your business message across various media. Create a series of contact points between you and your potential customers.
Research suggests that using omnichannel marketing produces:
Higher Engagement – Using a single channel engagement in an automation workflow achieved an engagement rate of only 5.4%, while the use of 3 or more channels obtained a participation rate of 18.96%.
The Higher frequency of purchase: it was also found that when customers interacted with 3 or more channels, they bought 250% more frequently.
Higher average order value: When customers interact with campaigns that have 3 or more channels, they are likely to spend 13% more on average.
Higher customer retention rates: Buyers who engaged with 3 or more channels were 90% more likely to be repeat customers.