There is a trick to view the files of your Android mobile from the browser using the command “file: /// sdcard /” . You will be able to see what you have in your folders without using any file manager, not even the native one that comes with your mobile (if it comes with it).
You can do this from your favorite browser: Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc.
How to view your Android files with file: /// sdcard
It is a very simple procedure , follow the steps below:
- Open your preferred browser.
- Click on the address bar and type “file: /// sdcard /” with everything and the slashes “/”.
- Press enter (→) and voila, you will see the list of files in the root of your mobile’s internal storage .
You can put file: /// sdcard / in Favorites
Once you can see the files on your Android from the browser with file: /// sdcard / you have the option to save the access in “Favorites” in this way:
- With the browser at file: /// sdcard / press the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap the star at the top of the pop-up window. It will be transparent and when you press it it will turn blue, indicating that it is saved in your favorites.
- If you open “Favorites”, you will see “Index of / sdcard /”.
The advantages of viewing files from your Android with file: /// sdcard /
Being able to do this has its advantages:
- It allows you to directly enter the root folder of your Android without leaving the browser and without using a file manager.
- If you are downloading a file , for example, you can check from here if the file was downloaded in the corresponding folder.
- You can see hidden files , those whose name begins with a period.
The trick also does not work to open files from an external SD card . The “sdcard” you can see is the internal storage folder, the root folder of the device. To view the files on the external SD, we again invite you to use a file explorer.
It also works on the PC but it is written differently. To see the files on the hard drive “C:” from the browser type “file: /// C: ///” and it will show you the files.