There are many add-ons for watching the great TV shows that everyone knows: dramas like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. But what about when you want to see something short, fun, and not too serious? If you love reality shows, home and garden improvement shows, or cooking shows, then you may feel a bit left out by many of the TV streaming add-ons for Kodi, as many of the major add-ons on TV focus more on the big name shows. But there are alternatives for those of you looking for a different selection of more casual TV viewing content.
So today we have something for you! The USTVcatchup plugin gives you access to hours and hours of reality TV and other content from US channels like ABC and NBC, as well as more specialty channels like SundanceTV. This plugin is simple to install and incredibly easy to use, so you can be streaming to your heart’s content in no time. One of the best things about the USTVcatchup plugin is that all the content is completely legal and from official sources. That means the streams are fast, reliable, and of high quality. If you are a fan of channels like HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network or Cooking Channel, then you can use this add-on to stream programs from these channels for free and in great quality. Also, if you are looking for educational content,
Even if you live outside of the US, you can use the USTVcatchup plugin for free. Therefore, we can recommend this add-on to any Kodi user who wants to stream video episodes of shows from the channels we mentioned above. Read on for complete step-by-step instructions on how to install the USTVcatch add-on for Kodi and how to use it to stream episodes of your favorite shows.
Why should you get a VPN when using Kodi?
Although both the Kodi software and the streams used by the USTVcatchup add-on are legal, you need to be careful when using add-ons. Some plugins are created by third party developers and allow streaming of copyrighted content or streaming outside of region restrictions and therefore exist in a legal gray area. So you need to be careful when using the Kodi add-ons as doing so over an unsecured internet connection can get you legal trouble.
To avoid legal issues when using Kodi, we recommend that you get a VPN. This is a small piece of software that encrypts the data you send over the Internet, so that no one, not even your ISP or a government agency, can see what you have been accessing or what websites you have visited. However, there are so many VPN providers that it can be difficult to choose one if you don’t know much about VPNs. To help you with this, we have compiled a list of key criteria that we use when evaluating VPN providers: fast connection speeds, support for several different operating systems, many servers in many different countries, and no registration .
We recommend IPVanish
With these factors in mind, we recommend IPVanish for Kodi users. The easy-to-use IPVanish software is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, and the company has a no-log policy and offers fast connection speeds perfect for streaming. 850+ servers in 60+ countries mean you can always find a server when you need it. Finally, your data and activity will be completely hidden behind 256-bit AES encryption, the industry standard indecipherable.
How to install the USTVcatchup plugin for Kodi
Once you have a VPN in place and your Kodi is ready to have add-ons installed, just follow these instructions to add a new repository from which we can download and install the add-on.
Here’s how to install the USTVcatchup plugin
- Get started on your Kodi home page
- Click on the settings icon, then go to File Manager
- Click Add Source
- Click on the box where it says <None>
- Enter in this url: http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ Make sure you type it exactly as it is written, including the http: //, or it will not work
- Give the font a name. We will call it .fusion
- Click ok
- Return to your home screen
- Click on add-ons
- Click on the icon in the upper left corner that looks like an open box
- Click Install from zip file
- Click on .fusion , then kodi-repos , then English , then repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip
- Wait a moment and you will see a notification once the font has been installed
- Click Install from repository
- Click on the plugin repository TVADDONS.CO
- Click Video Add-ons
- Click on USTVcatchup
- A screen will open that describes the plugin. Select Install from the menu at the bottom
- Wait a moment and you will see a notification once the plugin has been installed
How to use the USTVcatchup plugin for Kodi
Once the USTVcatchup plugin has been installed, we can start using it to view content. Here’s how to use the USTVcatchup plugin:
- Get started on the Kodi home screen
- Go to add-ons
- Go to video plugins
- Click on USTVcatchup
- You will see the following channel options that you can watch:
- ABC, for tons of reality shows like Army Wives, sitcoms like Black-ish, and game shows like Family Feud
- Cooking Channel, for shows about food and cooking
- DIY Network, for home improvement and crafting shows
- Food Network, for more shows about food and cooking, with an emphasis on reality TV
- Freeform, formerly ABC Family, for young adult shows like The Fosters, Greek and Recovery Road
- HGTV, for shows about renovating your home and garden and reality shows about buying and selling houses
- NBC, for a wide range of shows including competitions like American Ninja Warrior and dramas like Blindspot
- PBS Kids, for children’s educational shows
- Smithsonian Channel, for adult educational content such as documentaries
- SundanceTV, for independent films, short films, world cinema and documentaries.
- Travel Channel, of programs on travel and world geography
- Let’s say you can’t get enough of Fixer Upper, Flea Market Flip, or other home and garden shows. Then you need to click on HGTV and you will see a list of your shows. Select a program, such as Fixer Upper
- This will open a list of episodes for that show. Unfortunately, there are no air dates to tell you when each episode aired, but there are episode descriptions and a thumbnail in the box to the left. Click on an episode title to start streaming.
USTVcatchup is simple but very effective at what it does, which is to provide a streaming interface for a number of channels related to education, food, home and garden. All the streams are of great quality and look great, and the interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate. For those all-day HGTV binges that we all love from time to time, we highly recommend the USTVcatchup addon for Kodi.