In an online marketing strategy, all possible communication channels must always be taken into account. That does not mean that you have to use ALL. But it is necessary to study which ones are interesting for that project, and within the selected ones, a strategy is structured that is solid in all of them.
This implies planning email marketing actions, social networks, SEO and many other aspects. But, to what extent do the channels support each other and the actions benefit from the rest of the strategy? Today, specifically, we are going to analyze how SEO positioning is affected by actions on social networks.
Do social networks have an impact on your SEO positioning?
If I had to answer this question yes or no without further details, the answer would always be yes. At the end of the day, all the actions you carry out on the internet under the name of your brand are related to its positioning.
However, we must bear in mind that perhaps this relationship is not as clear as we all would like. Sharing content on social networks is not the most powerful action you can develop in your SEO positioning strategy. Good link building planning will have much more impact than actions on social networks, for example. But that does not mean that sharing on social media is not going to be an interesting extra.
Positive aspects of the Social Media-SEO relationship
Sharing your content on social networks will help your SEO positioning strategy directly and indirectly:
- Google results : The search engine shows videos related to your brand posted on YouTube, relevant tweets… This allows you to occupy more space in the SERPs and attract more attention from users. This does not directly affect the SEO positioning of your site, but it does affect brand recognition and, therefore, your relevance.
- Web traffic : By sharing your content on social networks, you manage to attract more attention to them, which will convert into more web traffic. And web traffic is directly related to your positioning.
- Backlinks : You will be getting more backlinks for your website, thus improving your inbound link strategy, although we will see the quality of these links below.
In general, the greatest potential of social networks regarding SEO has to do with web traffic and your online reputation. It is also closely related to the perception that users will have of you, which in one way or another also ends up being connected to positioning.
Negative aspects of the Social Media-SEO relationship
The interesting thing at this point is to know why this relationship between social media and SEO is not as powerful as it may seem a priori. And it is that perhaps the results obtained are not as good as you think:
- No-follow links : It is true that sharing your content on social networks increases your backlinks, but it is also true that they are always no-follow links, so their potential is not really perceived on your website.
- Google limitations : The search engine cannot constantly track all the publications that are made on social networks, so your profile may have more potential than the fact of sharing content. A good quality profile on YouTube or LinkedIn, for example, will appear in Google results without a doubt. But that does not mean that the search engine will take into account every shared content.
- Fake interactions or communities without engagement : Keep in mind that there are many fake profiles and many users who are not active on social networks. So it is important that your online community is real and active, otherwise you will not be taking advantage of the potential of online visibility that you can really have.
Reputation of your brand, authority and relevance
All the aspects that Google takes into account when positioning a website can be summed up in authority and relevance. Therefore, the actions you carry out online to enhance these two specific aspects will help you directly or indirectly in your SEO positioning.
This has to do with how social networks affect your online reputation. After all, they are closely related to:
- Veracity and credibility : A good presence on social media will support the idea that your brand is powerful, especially if you have a good relationship with users.
- Importance of your brand : The larger your online community will be perceived as more important and with more weight in the market and in its specific sector.
- Dissemination of content : It is not only important what you share on your social profiles or in groups, but also what others share about you. The longer your content travels on social networks, the more traffic it will attract and the more likely it is to reach a quality audience.
After all, online marketing works thanks to the sum of all the actions that are carried out. Your online presence is the sum of everything you do, and therefore each action must be carried out with quality and really thinking about how to take each step.
If your strategy is well planned and well developed, there will always be a relationship between all channels and SEO positioning. And, if you work on each channel constantly, the weight within the global strategy will be greater. It is important both in SEO and in social networks, or in other channels, to plan each step and to be consistent. Little by little you will see the results. And if you need my SEO consultant service , do not hesitate to contact me.
Have you perceived positive results in the SEO positioning of your brand thanks to sharing content on your social networks or on the profiles of others? To what extent has this type of social action been useful to you or has it not been as effective as you expected?